Making Azure work
for your organisation
As Microsoft’s public cloud computing platform, Azure means many things to many people.
But if there’s one thing most users would agree with, it’s this: Azure is not for the fainthearted. Configuration is traditionally time-consuming and expensive, and it can be difficult to make changes if you get it wrong.
The benefits of Azure are clear and include:
It’s infinitely scalable
But be warned – with great scale can come great cost if Azure is neither configured nor managed properly.
It’s a true on-demand service
In most cases, costs increase and decrease with use. If you stop using the service, you’ll pay no residual cost.
It’s a global infrastructure
What’s more, it uses the best hardware, networking, and availability that money can buy.
With those benefits in mind, it makes sense to consider Azure to extend or replace your organisation’s infrastructure, to provide disaster recoveryfor your existing infrastructure, or to migrateoff your own infrastructure.
If you’ve decided to incorporate Azure, it’s important to configure it both accurately and appropriately for your business – yet doing so can be a major challenge!
From the most basic of decisions – do you opt for infrastructure as a service (IaaS) or platform as a service (PaaS)? – to the drilled down details such as the choice between multiple subscriptions, resource groups or virtual networks, and even which SKUs to use, how do you keep the process secure, manageable and cost effective?
We’re here to help
We have the skills, tools and expertise to make your journey into – or your ongoing progress with – Azure as smooth and painless as possible.
- We’ll establish the features and functionality that are important to you.
- We’ll work with you to define your security and compliance requirements, to ensure your IT systems remain secure, compliant and hardened.
- We’ll work together to agree appropriate availability and disaster recovery requirements, and ensure our solution meets those expectations.
- We’ll help you to define your role-based access controls and make sure they are implemented securely.
- We’ll configure your tenant following appropriate best practices, and demonstrate how to safely roll out and evolve them over time.
… all with minimum disruption and downtime to your end-users.
How it works
Here’s a brief outline of the process of working with us:
- We start with a scoping call to establish the size of the project and the likely amount of work involved.
- We follow this up with a rough cost.
- Once you’ve approved our estimate, we book a discovery workshop to find out more about your challenge, and what you’re hoping to achieve.
- We provide you with a detailed statement of work, based on your aims and goals.
- We then focus on planning, scheduling, set-up and configuration, engaging your in-house IT professionals throughout the process.
- Finally, we manage the migration process from start to finish.
If you’re looking to configure and optimise Azure for your organisation, get in touch to discover how straightforward the process can be with the right team – and the right tools – behind you.